Cedar Grove Middle School's primary objective is to provide the opportunity for all students to develop academically, emotionally, physically, and socially, in order to be productive citizens in and out of school. The responsibility of CGMS is to provide quality leadership and successful instructional efforts within a safe school environment conducive to learning. Cedar Grove Middle School actively seeks to involve the community, parents, our partners in education and other stakeholders, sharing the responsibility for providing each student with the opportunity to excel with pride. Our efforts are a testimony to our commitment for helping all students become life-long learners.
To establish and sustain a high performing culture that inspires our community of learners to achieve educational excellence.
Cedar Grove Middle School prepares students for high school and productive citizenship through performance-based instruction.
Our students will leave as well-rounded adolescents who are able to read and compute on or above grade level, to communicate both verbally and in writing, to work with a team to solve problems, and to access information using all the newest technology.
As the first DeKalb County School built specifically as a middle school, we are a prototype for all the newer middle schools.
- The Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) works diligently to ensure that teachers and students are involved with the school. Parents volunteer on a daily basis. The PTSA sponsors a membership drive among the students, the Scholastic Book Fair Spring semester, and family day.
- We are pleased to offer the "Grove" Cedar Grove Middle Schools student newspaper. The Saints Newpaper offers articles, news and events submitted monthly by a group of hardworking dedicated students and sponsors. Priscilla Jenkins, sponsors the newspaper.
- "The CGMS Saints Newsletter" was implemented to improve reading and writing scores in all grade levels at Cedar Grove Middle.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- DeKalb Middle School Boys Football Champs 2014-2015
- Coach Rickey Wright was named DeKalb Co. Middle School Coach of the Year
- Middle School Boys Track Champs 2013.
- CGMS 2012-2013 Football Team Division Runner-Up!